Welcome, true believers, the curious and the openminded, to the Church of Dom. Here you will learn more of Domism and of the teachings of our leader, he who inspired Domism, the Enlightened One, Dominic Monaghan.
Domism is more than a religion. Domism is a way of life, a philosophy, a worldview, a spiritual path. Domism is a way to be at ease with oneself and the world. Domism leads to Domlightenment.
Domism was formed in September 2003 by Andraste, High Priestess of Dom, and the Chief Bishwaps of Dom, Kinks and Kevs. We decided that the surest way to world peace would be for everyone to stop for just a few minutes a day and think of Dom.
Then we meditated on the idea (Dommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
And the religion was born.
And the Great High Priestess and Bishwops shall spread the word.
And the word is Dom.
And the word is good.
Join us. You will find Domlightenment.
Is Dom. Is good.
Please follow the community commandments:
1. Thou shalt not use domism to speculate upon events in Our Dom's private life. What a God does in His own time is His own business, and while all He does is marvellous in our eyes, there are parts of His life that are hidden from our eyes, and this is as it should be. Gossip and speculation are not welcome in domism.
2. Thou shalt not use domism to ask general questions about Him, especially questions which are crossposted to other communities. This is not a general Dom community, it is one dedicated specifically to His worship, and there are many other communities more suitable for asking general questions. Similarly, thou shalt not use domism to advertise communities, competitions, etc, especially those whicha re widely crossposted.
Subcommandment: Thou shalt remember that this is an international community and many people here have not seen Lost; thou shalt therefore refrain from posting spoilers for that show, or artwork/icons/fic which could be considered a spoiler. For that, go to one of the Lost communities.
3. Thou shalt not use domism to post or discuss fanfiction. There are many communities dedicated to fanfiction. However, some forms of creative expression are welcomed here; see rule 8 below.
4. Thou shalt not use domism to post or discuss fanart unless it is specifically related to worship of Him.
5. Thou shalt not use domism as a forum for argument or debate with other worshippers or their opinions. We are all sisters and brothers in His love, slashers and non-slashers alike. Let nothing come between us here in this sacred space.
6. Thou shalt feel free to use domism to showcase examples of His physical magnificence, for all to see and marvel at; however, we do request that images of Him be placed behind an lj-cut for the benefit of those of the congregation on slower connections.
7. Thou shalt feel free to use domism to post tales of pilgrims' personal encounters with Dom, to exhort the congregation to new forms of worship, to post examples of His words of wisdom, to post news of His deeds, to give tales of personal belief and introduction into the faith, and to remind us of His goodness by exalting His deeds and publicising His good causes.
8. Thou shalt feel free to use domism to showcase chronicles and tales of His travels and to write gospels of His acts, which shall become part of the Book of Domism.
9. Thou shalt be guided by the words of thy High Priestess, for although she welcomes questions and suggestions on the commandments and tenets of the faith, her word as Founder of the Faith and creator of this community is absolute.
10. Thou shalt have fun and not take things too seriously.